Friday, January 6, 2012

Functional Friday: The Cocktail Short

It's Friday! Maybe you have plans for a night out on the town, and you took a glance at the shorts I posted yesterday; but you just don't know how to wear them. Well have no fear that is why I am here. On Fridays I will show you how to make the trend fit your reality.

The combinations of a great outfit with these fancy shorts are endless. Today, I have decided to pair them with a chunky, knit sweater. The pairing of a utilitarian, wool sweater and dainty, sequined shorts makes this look work for dinner with the beau or drinks with the girls. But, I'm still sensing some apprehension from some of my readers. Ladies trust me when I say this: The Cocktail Short is for every size and every age. If you are in your 20's, 30's, 40's, or 50's (yes, I've seen you ladies, and you guys definitely have the confidence and style), you can wear this. So how you ask?








  1. The Cocktail Shorts are NOT tight hotpants. This means the appropriate fit is trouser-like (relaxed and comfortable). Get a length that you are confident in (keep in mind that a tailor can let out the hem if necessary).




  2. If you are a woman that is concerned about extra weight in your midriff, go for an option similar to the sweater on the right. It has a "loose" fit that softly sweeps away from the body. The long-length will also help elongate your midsection. The right fit is key. Don't wear a sweater that is simply just big in size, it will do nothing for your silhouette.




  3. If you are a woman that is concerned about extra weight in the bottom half (Why? You silly woman, lol), go for a silk short. The lace and sequin options tend to be not only bulkier in material, but visually, they are loud and can attract the eye to that area (again, Why? I wish!). When wearing a silk short, go for one with lining. That will ensure that everything will stay in the right place. Also, wear a good undergarment. Silk can be a "carefree" type of material if you know what I mean.




  4. A short hem, black tights, and black heels!!!! Need I say more? Your legs will look slim and go on for miles!!!!!




Happy Friday!





Your Wardrobe is My Business




sweaters and shorts













Alexander Wang crew neck shirt
$293 - lagarconne.com



















Shakuhachi high rise shorts
$265 - lespommettes.com



















Sequin shorts
$39 - shopruche.com










Acne chunky high heels
$392 - lagarconne.com




No comments:

Post a Comment